Making sure all your cold storage units are working properly can prevent disasters on the road. You don’t want to wait until the last minute to realize that something is broken, then end up paying higher fees for more complicated repair or replacing a busted part. Ensuring all refrigerated Thermo King and Carrier equipment receive regular preventative maintenance can go a long way in reducing overall costs and ensuring safe and reliable functioning.
Here are some of the reasons why staying on track with preventative maintenance is utterly important:
- Longer Life: Regular check-ups and cleaning can extend the life of the equipment, proving more cost- and time-effective in the long run.
- Best Performance: Frequent maintenance keeps your machines running at their peak performance. Even a slight malfunctioning or wearing away of cold storage machines can lower the value of goods being shipped.
- Energy Efficiency: Regular maintenance may lead to energy-efficient upgrades or affordable techniques that will save energy, reduce costs and help lower the carbon footprint. It pays off to go green whenever possible.
- Prevent Breakdowns: You can identify small repair problems before they go untreated and turn into bigger problems. Regular maintenance will help prevent a breakdown, a scenario you want to avoid at all costs.
Preventative Maintenance (PM) for refrigerated trailers include:
• Inspecting cooling units
• Checking proper belt placement and rotation
• Changing/refilling oil
• Cleaning away rust
• Clearing away debris
• Ensuring proper rotation of fans
• Checking refrigerant levels
• Tightening electrical connections
• Checking for leaks
• Checking for loose or broken parts
• Listening for unusual noises or vibrations
• And more
Regular preventative maintenance isn’t just cost-effective in the long run, but also safer for the driver, the company and the goods being transported. Preventative maintenance packages can be scheduled ahead of time so you’ll never have to worry about breaking down on the road.