TKX Refrigeration performs a 32 point inspection on Carrier and Thermo King refrigeration units during our standard preventative maintenance service.
Our recommended interval for trailers & refrigeration units every 1,500 hours.
- Run Pretrip test
- Check Engine
- Check fuel supply
- Check Engine oil level.
- Inspect belts for condition, and proper tension.
- Check engine oil pressure hot, on high speed.
- Listen for unusual noises, vibration, etc.
- Check air cleaner restriction indicator.
- Drain water from fuel and check vent
- Inspect/clean fuel transfer pump inlet strainer
- Check and adjust engine speeds
- Check condition of drive coupling bushings.
- Check engine mounts for wear.
- Replace fuel filters/water separator.
- Change engine oil and oil filter (hot).
- Change ELC (red) engine coolant every 5years or 12,000 hours.
- Test fuel injection nozzles at least every 10,000 hours.
- Inspect battery terminals and electrolyte level.
- Inspect wire harness for damaged wires or connection.
- Check operation of damper door.
- Inspect alternator wire connections for tightness.
- Inspect electric motor; replace bearings yearly or every 6,000 hours.
- Check refrigerant level
- Check for proper suction pressure.
- Check compressor oil level and condition.
- Check compressor efficiency and pump down refrigeration system.
- Replace dehydrator and check discharge and suction pressure every (2) years.
- Visually inspect unit for fluid leaks
- Visually inspect unit for damaged, loose or broken parts.
- Inspect tapered roller bearing fanshaft and idlers for leakage and bearing wear
- Clean entire unit including condenser and evaporator coils and defrost
- Check all unit and fuel tank mounting bolts, brackets, lines, hoses etc.
- Check evaporator damper door adjustment operation
See why we’re different,
Give us a call today to schedule services